Friday, January 17, 2014

Faith and the Future

   So, its' been about 3 months since I've written. I've been lacking motivation and inspiration, much like a typical 20 year old. Also, much like a modern day 20-something, I am binge watching on Netflix and BAM - inspiration found!
   Every time I get obsessed with a new show, I get reminded of what I want to do with my life. I want to be responsible for making young adults (17-24 year olds) become a piece of their couch and fall in love with a TV series. I want to be up with the greats, those that inspire me: Shonda Rhimes, Joe Davola, Steve Levitan, etc. All of this leads me to my reasoning behind this post.
   Constantly we are reminded that every decision we make in our college/post-grad years will affect our future. Every class we make, every job we take, every internship we apply for, every time we decide that we don't want to do a certain paper, or skip class because their is something better to do (aka watch Netflix). It is a lot of pressure to put on anyone between the ages of 18-25. We already put enough pressure on ourselves to live up to societies expectations, but if we actually break it down to daily decisions we make, it is a lot to take in.
   So, most of us during our lives, have always been stubborn to what those in authoritative positions have been tellings us. Why start listening and accepting now? I say block out all the pressure. It's my future right? No one else has to live with the decisions I make besides me, and those that I let be involved in my life. I'm slowly learning that all my decisions I make, good or bad, will define be but only as much as I let them. I live my life exactly the way I want to and that's how I want my future to be. Filled with laughter, love, passion, success, and most importantly, happiness. Have faith that it will always turn out the way it's meant, and say "go to hell" to all the pressure anyone is trying to put on you.


No comments:

Post a Comment